Labels

Powered by Blogger.
4/09/2012

Ankle Annoyance

It's been a while since I posted but I haven't been feeling well. First the exhaustion kicked in and now I've got some sort of issue with my ankle/foot. I thought I'd sprained my ankle but unfortunately, even though the pain and swelling was localized to the ankle at the time, it kept swelling and the pain spread. Now even my toes are a little bit swollen. The ultrasound was negative for blood clots so that's good. The white cells were normal on the blood work but the tests for arthritis were high.

I've got to have an MRI tomorrow so I can't have anything to eat or drink for the rest of the night, if it's an infection, they'll have to do surgery tomorrow so I've got to fast. The MRI is the only way to tell if it's an infection.

After using the crutches for a week, my body doesn't hurt in the correct ways. Normally when I use crutches my forearms and biceps hurt and my opposite leg... but rather than muscles hurting this time, it's nothing but my joints aching.

Possible diagnosis:
1. Infection in the ankle/foot.
2. Gout
3. Some other form of arthritis.

0 comments: